Junior Individual Savings Account (Junior ISA) – from Family Investments, award-winning provider of children’s savings and investment products.
It’s never too early to think about investing in your child’s future. Opening a Junior ISA could help set them up for whatever they want to see, do and be in the future. It could go towards anything from a first car to university fees.
Created for children who didn’t qualify for a Child Trust Fund, a Junior ISA is an affordable way for you to save and invest on behalf of your child.
You’re allowed to invest up to £3,600 in the current tax year in:
- a cash Junior ISA; or
- a stocks and shares Junior ISA; or
- a combination of both.
Only the child will be able to access the money and only from their 18th birthday.
Family Investments offer a stocks and shares Junior ISA, which you can open with a Direct Debit from as little as £10 a month.
About the Family Investments Junior ISA
- Invests in stocks and shares
- Available for children under the age of 16 who did not qualify for a Child Trust Fund
- Invest up to £3,600 during the 2011/2012 tax year (this limit will be reduced if payments are being made into a cash Junior ISA elsewhere)
- Allows parents and guardians to save and invest for their child
- Child can access the money from their 18th birthday, and manage the account from age 16
- Family and friends can pay into the account once its set up
- Minimum monthly Direct Debit of £10
- Manage your child’s account online
- Offers an ethical fund option
Remember, because the account is invested in stocks and shares, its value can go down as well us up, and it’s possible your child could get back less than has been paid in.
Winners of the MoneyFacts Award for Best Child Trust Fund Provider in both 2011 and 2010, Family have over 35 years’ experience and currently look after £3 billion worth of Family Money for over 1.7 million families.